This years tournament will be played under the following rules:
- The game format will be match play with no handicaps. Full rules on match play see - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_play
- Every player challenges all other entrants to a single match and this will be classed as their home leg. This means that every player will play everyone twice, once at home and once away.
- The challenger picks the course but cannot pick a course that his opponent has played twice or more unless the opponent agrees in advance.
- The course chosen can be anywhere in the world but if travelling / accomodation costs exceed £30 then the challenger has to offer to swallow them.
- The tees are to be decided by the challenger before the match is played. If these tees are not active on the day of the match, the tees closer to the greens are to be used.
- The out of bounds areas which are set out by each course are not applicable.
- "Gimmes" can be given by the opposition.
- The result of the match awards 2 points for a won match, 1 point for a halved match and 0 points for a lost match.
- If any players finish level on points the number of holes won throughout the whole competition is used to decide their position with the higher being the better. This will be known as “hole difference”.
- Once all matches have been played the top 4 players go into a knock out style competetion, keeping with match play, where 1st position plays 4th position and 2nd position plays 3rd position. This then results in the winners playing in a final one off match to decide the title. Also the losers will play in a 3rd / 4th place playoff match (if they can be bothered).
- The courses for the knockout matches will be played at are to be decided by the player that has finished higher up in the league table.
- Rule 3 does not apply in the knockout stages.
- If players halve the match during a knockout match then playoff holes will need to be played. These holes will have to be decided in advance and agreed on before the first hole of that match is played.
Stroke scores can be recorded on the website if any player wishes to keep track of them throughout the season regardless of where and when they are played.
A small entrance fee may be required to fund any prizes or website costs that may be incurred throughout the year. This, however, is currently at £0.